Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pweee-skool!

Well, it appears that I am very behind in blogging... two months to be exact! If you remember, Hannah could not go to preschool in the fall because she was refusing to potty train. Then about two weeks after I told the lady that Hannah would not be coming, she decided to potty train:) Well, I called the preschool at the beginning of March to see about signing her up for next years preschool, I found out they had an opening for her to start coming right away! Hannah was sooo excited to go. Look at Little Miss Confident on her way in to her first day of preschool...And here she is all excited about her new "cubby" for her papers. Of course she had to wear a dress for her first day.And here she is a week later once we got around to finding her a new backpack... Dora (of course). Although she just informed me today that she wants a princess backpack for next year. I think we are hitting a new phase for her... the last few weeks have been all about PRINCESS! When I went to pick her up after her first day the first thing out of her mouth was, "I'm so glad... you came back!" So much for little miss confident. I thought it was funny because I was expecting her to say something like, "I'm so glad you let me come to preschool!" But it is true, she is kind of a home-body and Mama's girl. She is usually so happy when I pick her up. Just a bit of freedom, but not too much:) It's almost fun to go away and come back just for the anticipation of her excitement to see me. Actually, my two hours of freedom twice a week have been very nice. Except I usually end up doing fun things like errands or other home-chores. The quiet is nice and I am grateful, as we will be starting home school next year and I may not have a free hour to myself for the next 20 years or more if we have more kids! Yikes! Yep, I did say we are going to be homeschooling... at least giving it a try. But that's a topic for another blog!

3 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

She's growing up sooooo fast.

Joanna said...

WOW! How cool! Can't believe she's already in preschool! Wasn't she just born!? Shew! WOW time flies!

BTW, your wallpaper makes me hungry for cupcakes now! HOW CRUEL!

Amy said...

You decided to homeschool! Wow - what a big step! I'm sure you will have lots of fun with your princesses. We are sort of home-preschooling but starting "FOR REAL" makes me nervous even though I was homeschooled for 12 years!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.