Saturday, November 1, 2008

The King's Daughters

One of my favorite verses in the bible is Psalm 45:13, which says, "The King's daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is interwoven with gold." I like to remind myself of this verse when I am getting down on myself for one thing or another that I have done wrong. It's good to remind ourselves who we belong to and how He thinks of us. We seem to be really good at having girls in our family, and I consider it an honor to have been given two princess to train up to be godly women who desire to serve their King and who know who they are as the King's daughters. Well, Princess Emelia was given this dress pattern from a friend and she began begging a few weeks ago for me to make one. Normally we just dig something out of the dress up box for the Fall Fun Fest party that a local church hosts as a Halloween alternative on October 31st, but this time I thought it would be fun to try something new for a change. Well, it was fun, except for the part about staying up until two am the night before and sewing all day up until it was time to go to the party... Oh Well! What we are willing to do for our kids! I did make them pose for me before we went to the party and here are a few of my favorites...



This one cracks me up (and probably you too)! Hannah is actually pouting because she is not happy about where I placed the rose. Apparently she had a better idea than me... hmmm does that sound like another photographer in the making?







1 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

How sweet they are...and the costumes look great..another addition to the dress up box. I love the pouty one.....she will get a good laugh at that when she is a mom :)

Love you....Mom

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.