Monday, July 19, 2010

A Few Stitches...

I have been doing a bit of sewing... not as much as I'd like to, but I have managed to complete a few baby blankets for friends and family who have all been so blessed with new babies of late! This first one was for a friend from Iowa who had a baby boy at the end of January. She likes blues and browns. (So do I!)And this one was for my new niece Miss Lola! She was born at the beginning of March and is a sweet honey buns for sure! I'm actually super happy that I had lots of left over squares from this project and look forward to making something with them!
And if one sweet niece was not enough, Miss Celine joined the clan at the end of March! Miss Celine is a tiny itty bitty super yummy peach, especially next to her big brother Z! Ohh, so lucky to have all this sweetness in one family:) I also made a matching bumper pad and skirt to go with this quilt, but forgot to take a picture! The prints have kind-of a 70's feel to them. Very fun and I've got scraps left over from this project too.
Yeah, so the problem is that I have been accumulating some new fabrics... not exactly sticking to my new years goals... I guess it's no time like the present to remind myself of my goals. Next week Ted and I are getting away to northern MN and I plan to take my machine along. Maybe I can get back to some of those nice half done projects just waiting for me to finish them.


I did also make a really neat baby boy blanket for another friend, but you will have to wait a few weeks to see that one since she may just be reading this. I can say it was a really quick pattern and I LOVE how it turned out. Stay tuned for more sewing updates and riddle solutions...

1 comments:

TiemannFamily said...

Super cute babies and quilts! You do such an amazing job.

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.