Wednesday, January 12, 2011

He Came Home Early...

Yep, that's right... usually my hubby is at the plant over night for a "shut-down", but he got off early this time and came home while I was still up feeding the buddy. When he opened the door, the first thing I heard was "Uh-Oh" (oops, I left my pile of tools outside the door, so he now has a clue that I've been up to something). Then I hear him say, "Naughty Girl. Naughty, NAUGHTY GIRL"! Yes, I was very naughty. But I really did save him some work, so I was really being a HELPER, right? Hannah was (for some reason) super duper excited when I told her we were going to cut down the "half-walls". She wanted to help, so I let her pose with the saw (with the cover on for safety).
The above mentioned "Naughty Girl" at work...
And I did give them each a try but of course they could not really even move the saw, but they continued on helping with their enthusiasm!
This one's for Oompa!
This one too...
Tearing down the walls... always a good thing to do in life, right?
One down and one more to go...
I was quite exhausted after the first wall and almost left the second wall, but took a break and found a "second wind" to "git' er' done". Teddy boy will have to help me with the floor repair that needs to happen now and fixing up the walls, but we will do that soon (together) when we are able to get new carpet, which is in the plan for late winter!


Emelia was a bit bummed that I was not going to use Daddy's power saw, but hey, folks, I'm not THAT CRAZY. I do know when I'm out of my league, so all with hand tools it was! And I can even tell you that I didn't even break a nail! Wow!

So, what kind of crazy things are you up to these days?

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I am thoroughly impressed! Way to go!

Brenda and Dan said...

Great job!! Get these kind of things done now when you are young enough....I don't think I would have the stamina anymore to do something like that!! I will show Dad the pics when he gets home...can't wait to see it in person!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.