Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whoa Buddy!

So, I went to the Doctor today (we're down to visits every two weeks) and he thinks baby may have dropped... which might explain why I've been feeling generally cruddier and tireder the last three days. Except that it's just a bit too early for buddy to come. My hospital won't even see me if I go into labor this week, and would have to go to another one about an hour away, which I'd rather not do. I'm not sure if our little man is excited about his sister's upcoming horse show this weekend and thinks he needs to be here to see it in person or what...


Doctor said I should take it easy, so I went right home and crawled up into the garage attic frantically searching for baby blankets and such... I have been planning on getting the room ready and slowly have been doing things here and there, but figure I have 6 weeks left! I know, I know I should not have crawled up there, but I was careful and Emelia did help me get the stuff down. Yes, I did get in trouble with my hubby when he got home too. I promise I won't go up there again until after little man arrives:) But I was happy to find some neutral blankets, the changing pads I thought I had thrown out (which you can't find in stores anymore!) and the sheets for the cradle. So at least I should be able to get the cradle ready in the next day or two in case our little cowboy does decide to arrive soon.

Starting tomorrow I have to take it easy... not sure if I'm so good at this, but will try. The girls say they will help out too... Now watch, I'll go two weeks overdue... Uff Dah!


We got a new car seat and stroller in August and the girls were super excited to try it out with the baby doll. Hannah's torn between excitement and not sure if she wants to give up her position as baby of the family. I guess we are all in for a bit of "rocking our world" coming up really soon since it's been awhile since there's been a real little baby in the house!
And yes, the stroller is definitely BOY... so I hope he still comes out with all his boyness, otherwise SHE will have to settle for a blue and brown stroller and seat! It seems that they do not make much for neutral strollers these days... its either definitely girl or boy.

1 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

Looks like the girls are ready! For sure you better not go into that attic anymore....anything else can wait for Ted to get home!!!!!!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.