Friday, September 3, 2010

The Mad Bomber

If you live in Minnesota you should know what the Mad Bomber is... as in the hat you can't live without if you're gonna survive our cold winters... Actually I have never owned one, but about all the men I know do have one, including my hubby. About a week ago Ted took the girls somewhere and this is how Hannah arrived home... filthy dirty face and sound asleep in the Mad Bomber. I'm not sure how she got so dirty so quickly, or why the hat was in the car with this sweltering summer we've been having, but I guess I can say my hubby is one prepared man! And she slept quite a long time with all that sound being muffled out by layers of fur!Here's one of my recently completed projects for a friend who had a baby boy in May. I loved the fabrics and the pattern was very simple and easy to put together. The strips came cut out in the kit and I just arranged them, pieced them and did a bit of "stitch in the ditch" for the quilting part.
I just got our buddy's room painted a light blue and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the guest bed to make it go with the crib bedding. The current spread is light pink, and I think that just won't do... (Even though I do LOVE light pink!) Stay tuned for first day of school pics coming up real soon:)

1 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

How cute she is!!

Love the quilt!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.