Friday, August 20, 2010

The Jackpot!

I hit the jackpot today and I just know my mom, my thrifty sister and my hubby will all be so proud of me!


I've been frustrated because I just need a few fall long sleeve tops to get me through until buddy decides to make his appearance... but there are none to be found. Most maternity places I have checked are just not getting things out yet... probably due to the wonderfully HOT weather we've been having and no one else cares about fall clothes yet. My request I feel has been simple... I just want a few long sleeve t-shirts with the ruching on the sides... they are comfy and flattering (two very important things when you are getting BIG FAST!)

So, I stopped by the local used store today (it's right next to our JoAnn Fabrics store - yay!) just to see if they had anything yet. Well, my jackpot was 5 new long sleeve tops for $22.00! Oh yeah, baby! Two of them were the kind with the ruching (just what I wanted) and all of them in colors I like to wear:) So, since one of those t-shirts at Motherhood is $25.oo and they almost never go on sale, I'm quite pumped about my jackpot:) And another added bonus is that one of them says it's a nursing top, so I'll have one shirt that will be handy now and later! Plus nursing tops are expensive and nobody buys them, right? I could just say it's my lucky day, but I know way better than that... God is in the details and I believe he cares about us so infinitely... I know he put those tops there just for me! Praise God for my jackpot!

Oh, and here's a few pics of some of my recent food cravings. I think I have been whining to Ted all summer long about just wanting a chicken sandwhich with mozzarella cheese, pineapple and ranch dressing on top... Of course there is never one of these on the menu. Well, when we had our getaway a few weeks ago, lo and behold, a chicken sandwhich with pineapple... YUMM DELISH! It was missing the ranch and cheese, but hey it was a great compromise:)
And with all of our children I have craved watermelon. If you put it in front of me I probably won't even share with you, or my kids! One night we didn't want to spend a million bucks to eat dinner out so we went to the grocery store and this is what looked good to me. Since we were in a hotel room I could not really cut it up, so a plastic spoon did the job just fine. And no, I did not share with Ted. (But I did share with my growing boy:)) Oh, looking at this pic just makes me want more... I think there's still some in the fridge!
Oh and here's a random pic of a purple cone flower we saw at a flower garden while on our getaway... I love cone flowers and they seem to be thriving despite the intolerable heat. Way to be persistent! A good reminder for all of us to hang in there...

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Yay for the shirt jackpot! That's exciting!

Brenda and Dan said...

Way to go my thrifty daughter!!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.