Saturday, August 14, 2010

My New Diaper Bag!

OK, here it is... my new diaper bag that I sewed recently for our newest family member, who is set to arrive around the first part of November. Yep, that's right, it's a bouncing baby BOY!


I cannot tell you how shocked we were to find out this news. That might sound silly to some, but we really didn't think it possible to have a boy. You see, I am from a family of all girls and so far me and my sisters have all had GIRLS! I kept asking the doctor, are you SURE? He said that the picture of his boyness was the clearest he's ever seen... and he's been delivering babies for awhile!

So, after the initial shock I have slowly warmed up to the idea that my pink reign has to end. To start the celebration of more manliness in the West household, I made a cute (or should I say handsome?) bag of browns and blues to tote all of his stuff in. (Hey any excuse to make a new purse is a good excuse!)

I've also made him the most soft and snuggly blanket from a fabric called minky that I will try to post soon. It's so cuddly though that I think he will have to share it with mommy... (and I've found the girls already trying to steal it too!)

I just cracked out the blue paint today, as our guest room is currently the most lovely shade of pink... but that just won't work for our little buckaroo. That's right a cowboy for the Wests, how fun. We've been dreaming up cowboy names and you can feel free to submit your ideas just for fun! It's hard to decide on a good boy name! And mom, YES, I have your submission already (GEORGE STRAIT)! I did start this bag with a pattern, but altered it quite a bit to get the bag you see here. I added the blue strip on the top, quilted it to make it more durable and added pockets to the inside for diaper and wipe compartments. I kinda want to use it now but I better just be patient!

Well, it's time to get this mama off to bed because Mr. Cowboy seems to be a night owl and likes to groove as soon as I lay down! He's even woken me up at night with his line dancin' and foot stompin':)

2 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

Love the bag....someday when you don't have anything to do you can make me a cool "Angela Bag" :) I know....that will be awhile from now! Love the name you picked out :) :)

Cristina said...

Very cool bag!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.