Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sewing...

Yep, I'm still managing to get in a bit of sewing here and there, and I know my days are now few until I'll be taking a sewing break for awhile. I still have a list a mile long of what I wanted to have done before buddy arrives, but of course it never gets all done (or even close). These purses were suppose to be Christmas gifts for the girls, but Emelia got a new bible from church and really wanted a nice bible case for it. Well, I happened to know that the bible fits into the small version of the Amy Butler "Frenchy Bag" and it was going to save me about $40 to just finish these and give them to the girls now (cuz of course Hannah would have to have a new bible case too, you know...) Emelia's is the teal and browns and Hannah's the green floral.
And these two quilts were made for two little girls who have never slept on real beds in their whole life until just a week or two ago when they were given a new home and new beds to sleep on. I was asked to be a part of the project and it was truly a joy to sew these blankets for two special girls. The younger one loves purple, pink butterflies and ballerinas.
The older girl likes the brighter, funky colors as she is a pre-teen. I think I must have done ok, since Emelia was in love with the finished product and has been whining about wanting one just like it for herself for the past two weeks. Well, I'll have to find something to make to replace the purses I was going to give them, so we'll have to see...
I've also been making some burp rags but I'm waiting to try them out to see if they work well or not. I made them out of flannel and have a friend who says flannel is great for burp rags. I'll have to keep you posted on that one.

1 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

I'm still waiting for my cute purse :) I know....it will be awhile now!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.