Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Day of School!

Well, we've been going for awhile now, but here's some pics from our first day of school! We've decided to start school in the basement this year since we have not been able to complete our window project in the 3 season porch (the original school room) and it starts getting a bit too chilly to do school in the porch around the time I am due to have baby boy! (IE - not a good time to be moving all the school stuff... I'll be busy just trying to keep everyone fed and sleeping!) Looks like some happy students ready to learn, hugh? Emelia is now in 3rd grade, starting her 2nd year homeschooling with Mommy!
And Hannah is super excited to be in Kindergarten this year!
My two sweet girls. Boy am I thankful for them and that I have this opportunity to be their Mommy and teacher.
Emelia loves to read (and is an excellent reader) and is doing a great job working hard in all subjects and being a helper to me when I need it. I think her favorite subject is snack and play/break time, but a close second is art and science! She might grumble about daily handwriting but she has beautiful penmanship already!
Hannah is just so happy to be a part of school, she is happy with most anything we are doing for school. She does seem to really enjoy math (and reminds me when we have not done a math lesson in a few days - WOW) and loves to do the daily calendar (which she reads to us with her long pointer).

2 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

I love those dresses....they look so cute in them!!

TiemannFamily said...

Fun pictures, Ang! We are getting excited to meet the new West baby!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.