Monday, October 25, 2010

Sugar and Spice

Emelia made this super cute turkey for me a few weeks ago when we thought the buddy was going to come too early and I was "sort of" on bed rest. She found the idea in a magazine and all of a sudden brings this to me while I'm laying on the couch. Super Sweet!Emelia has been taking a sewing class once a month and this is her latest project, making an apron - good job Millie! Now she keeps talking about how she needs her own machine (and that I won't share mine) as well as pointing out how our machine is so loud and the others are sooo quiet (and a lot more expensive too!) Well, in my defense I am willing to share, it's just that she decides she wants to sew just when I settle in to work on something important. (Like Hannah's Happy Harvest costume that has to get done by Sunday!) However, if my dearest hubby just wants to buy me one of those fancy quilting machines... I'd be happy to hand my machine down to Miss Mille and I'd even throw in a pair of ear muffs for her to drown out the noise...
Hmm... sweet or spicy? I think mostly spicy these days, but this was taken a few weeks ago when we managed to make a pan of Apple Crunch with apples from the orchard. We Westies have decided we don't like oatmeal in our "Crisps" and I found this recipe for an Apple Crisp type recipe that does not have oatmeal. Not that we are opposed to oatmeal, just not in our fruit cobbler type desserts. Anyways, this is just me taking advantage of my temporary table which is even larger now. Although my table is kind of feisty and he likes to kick at anything that presses in on his territory. I have no idea where the feisty comes from and I keep telling him that if he doesn't like it, well why doesn't he come out where there's a lot more room! Uff Dah!
And here's another sweetie... helping Mommy make homemade applesauce a few weeks ago. Don't worry, I gave her a pretty dull knife and she enjoyed cutting up the apples for the sauce. We used Haralson and thought it turned out awesome. Matter of fact, that sounds YUMMY... I think I'll have to thaw out a container for tomorrow! The apples cook down a lot and you don't get many containers, but it's fun to do it yourself and great to know it's all natural with no preservatives, etc.

1 comments:

Brenda and Dan said...

I love the "Turkey" and I love the apron Miss Millie made...she did a great job!!

about us

The West Ranch currently consists of Ted, head Rancher, Angela, Ted's right hand woman, and two busy little wranglers, Emelia and Hannah.